Disability and Development
Source: Development Media Workshop (DMW)
This learning resource consists of 7 specially commissioned short films of real life stories of young people living with disabilities on the island of Ireland and around the world. It also includes a range of active learning activities to engage pupils in meaningful exploration and discussion of the key issues.
This resource links with the concepts of Rights & Responsibilities, Human Dignity, and Development in the Junior Cycle CSPE curriculum. The issues explored and the human stories told will help students to understand these concepts.
The aims of this resource are to help pupils to:
- Explore the concept of disability.
- Gain insight into the lives of young people living with disabilities around the world.
- Explore the interconnection between poverty and disability.
- Learn about the rights of people with disabilities.
- Explore disability and the Millennium Development Goals.
- Consider action projects in response to the challenges of disability locally and globally.